Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas comes a little early

Hello!!!  Thanks again to all of you who follow our adoption adventure.  This week we learned that our kiddo's will learn about us for the first time a little before Christmas.  I wish I could insert a dramatic pause, because I have no idea how to describe how this makes us feel.  It still has not sunk in.  How I wish I could be a fly on the wall when their foster family tells them that after all this time of waiting there is a family that wants to adopt you!  I would give my left pinkie (ok just the tip) to see their face as they look through the photo books we sent over for each of them.  Will they be scared, happy, excited, or indifferent?  What do they know if anything about America?  All of these thoughts race through our heads.

It does mean that for us that no better Christmas present could be given.  Knowing that any feelings the kids may have had of being unwanted or worry that they would be separated can start to be relieved.  As a little kid all I wanted was my two front teeth, now all I want is my four kiddos from the land of pierogi's.

Since the holidays are coming up let me mention that we are still doing the handmade kumihimo bracelets as a fundraiser.  They make fantastic and unique gifts for family members, friends, co-workers, teachers, librarians, astronauts, day care providers, nannies, you name it!!  Besides giving a unique handmade gift you will also be helping bring these kids home.  As we near the end of this part of the adventure, travel fees are a big thing we are focusing on (one way airfare x 4 for example). 

 If you look in the below post you will see some examples of bracelets my wonderful wife has done.  We can do a great deal of color combinations so don't be afraid to ask.  We continue to pray for all of you so please keep us in your prayers as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment